Parenting the special needs...

At A Glance...

This is a blog dedicated to my kiddos, Isabell and William. These amazing kids were born extra unique and one of a kind. It's currently unclear what Isabell and William's genetic disposition is- but they have faced many developmental and medical challenges. They each face their different challenges, but they are so much alike. We really think Isabell and William have the same un
diagnosed genetic syndrome. With a combined 24 hospitalizations, and 20 surgical procedures between these Warrior Kiddos, their needs are extra ordinary, and they are spectacular little children. I am the luckiest mom alive, and we are #leonfamilyaz

As I have time, I like to escape to this blog and give my readers a sneak peek into the window of our lives. Happy Reading!



Monday, November 29, 2010

Back to the old swing of things....

I busted William out of the Hospital today, and brought him HOME! He was so more than ready. We arrived home around 2pm, and I just love jumping back into our home routine. We sure are missing daddy and what a bummer he missed William's happy homecoming after our 15 day PCH stay.

Last I blogged, we were still in the PICU. On November 23rd, William was transferred to the floor- still needing more than his usual baseline of Oxygen. He was feeling good, and all his labs were great. Our plan was to monitor his breathing, and ween him to his baseline and send him home. Unfortunately, the hospital monitoring continued through our Thanksgiving weekend.

Richie got here on Wednesdayay evening, and Isabell was SO excited to see him. We all took a family trip to see our little William as soon as Richie arrived. Willie loves his family visits in the hospital. On thanksgiving morning, Isabell went to my moms with my brother and Richie and I went to PCH and spent the AM with bubba, and went to my moms for a delicious Thanksgiving feast and to spend a little time with family. It was a nice day. On Friday and Saturday Richie and his friend Terry assembled Isabells playhouse and swingset Swing-In-Slide playset in our backyard. It is so awesome, and Isabell loves it so much. I love to see her so happy, and full of so much excitement. Richie and I do not spoil her- none at all! She deserves it, such a wonderful little girl. Then we were sad to see Richie leave on Sunday, he had to go back to California.

then today tolled around and William had been doing so well over the weekend while at PCH. I really felt like everything we were doing at the hospital at this point was what I could do at home. William is still needing a little higher flow of Oxygen than our home baseline, but I hope to ween him to his baseline here at home. My team of Physicians also agreed, and said take the little dude home!

We have had such a great night here at home. Isabell said her mommy and bubba are HOME. I got my Christmas tree up yesterday, and we did some more decorating tonight. then Isabell crawled onto the couch and fell asleep. She went to Day Care preschool this morning then to real preschool this afternoon and is completely tuckered out. William has been asleep but is one happy boy.

Kids are ticked into bed nice in tight, and I better join in! We have a clinic visit with or PCP and William;s synigis vaccine tomorrow- so like I said, Back in the swing of things!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment