Parenting the special needs...

At A Glance...

This is a blog dedicated to my kiddos, Isabell and William. These amazing kids were born extra unique and one of a kind. It's currently unclear what Isabell and William's genetic disposition is- but they have faced many developmental and medical challenges. They each face their different challenges, but they are so much alike. We really think Isabell and William have the same un
diagnosed genetic syndrome. With a combined 24 hospitalizations, and 20 surgical procedures between these Warrior Kiddos, their needs are extra ordinary, and they are spectacular little children. I am the luckiest mom alive, and we are #leonfamilyaz

As I have time, I like to escape to this blog and give my readers a sneak peek into the window of our lives. Happy Reading!



Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Waiting for the 30th to roll around!

We're Goin' to Texas, Y'all!

Hey Leon  Family Fans! We are so excited- in 1 week we will be flying to Houston to spend most of the summer as a family! I am so ready and feeling confident that William's first flight will go great. I am looking forward to having a silly and ridiculous time with this adventure. If only there were cameras rolling to capture all the work it took to plan to fly with my Trached William who has significant limited abilities AND Isabell. She has limited abilities as well and requires alot of 1 on 1.

William will have 8 carry on bags. 2 suction machines, feeding pump togo bag, trach togo bag, Oxygen Concentrator bag, 2 bags with medications, and blood pressure machine bag. All these items cannot be checked luggage, and have to stay with William at all times. I will be checking 2 bags full of supplies and 1 bag full of clothes for Willie boy. Isabell will have her carry on backpack and I will be checking her one clothing bag. I will be taking my Laptop bag (and no carry on bag) and I will be checking 2 bags for myself.

My mom is flying with me so I have a helping hand during the flight, and she'll be hopping right back onto another flight returning to Phoenix the same day. My step dad may possibly be joining us for the flight too!

We are most excited to spend time as a family. Being with each other every day for 6 weeks is exactly what we need. It is a challenge being in a long distance relationship with your HUSBAND! With KIDS! So we are up for the travel challenge. We will make the best of it, and have fun doing so. I will try my best to take as many pictures as I can while on the trip. Going to the airport with so much gear is going to be super interesting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment