Parenting the special needs...

At A Glance...

This is a blog dedicated to my kiddos, Isabell and William. These amazing kids were born extra unique and one of a kind. It's currently unclear what Isabell and William's genetic disposition is- but they have faced many developmental and medical challenges. They each face their different challenges, but they are so much alike. We really think Isabell and William have the same un
diagnosed genetic syndrome. With a combined 24 hospitalizations, and 20 surgical procedures between these Warrior Kiddos, their needs are extra ordinary, and they are spectacular little children. I am the luckiest mom alive, and we are #leonfamilyaz

As I have time, I like to escape to this blog and give my readers a sneak peek into the window of our lives. Happy Reading!



Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Busy little Leon Family

Hey Leon family Fans! We have, as usual, been keeping ourselves busy! Last week William stayed at Ryan House, Isabell went with my mom and I flew off to Houston to visit Richie for the week. I dropped Willliam off at Ryan House on Monday 4/23 and I took the first Southwest Flight out early Tuesday am 4/24 to Houston. As many of our fans know, Richie is currently working in Houston on the LightRail project there for MASS Electric. Richie and I had a nice week together. I think we forgot how much we really liked eachother! ;) Although Richie worked during the day, we met up for lunch each day that I was there visiting and went out to dinner together each evening. I got to check out the city, the big city with terrible roads that are so narrow and bumpy! Driving Richies Ford Powerstroke everywhere was interesting to say the least!

The Ryan House Community Breakfast at the Biltmore is coming up on May 15. It is a FREE fundraising breakfast event benefiting our beloved Ryan House. If anyone would like to attend, please email me at crystal.92782@gmail.com and I can get you the info to RSVP by May 7th. It is an awesome event. On Thursday 5/3 William, Isabell and I are going to Ryan House in the AM for a little media filming event and I believe the footage will be played and shared at the Ryan House Community Breakfast.

Another fun thing coming up next week at Ryan House is a professional photo shoot that we have been invited to attend. I was invited to bring my mom, and the kiddos- a makeover crew will be there to pamper us and make us beautiful for our professional photo shoot. All free of charge! I am excited to take my mom and the kiddos and have our photos taken together. Ryan House is such a wonderful place.

And the most exciting upcoming event is our Family Trip to Houston coming up. The kids, my neice Lydia and I are flying from Phoenix to Houstom on May 30 to June 28. I have been packing and planning for the trip for a couple weeks now, and I am realizing this is alot of work! We will be traveling with alot of medical equipment and luggage. We are excited to spend an entire month with daddy though. Seeing him everyday for a month will be the greatest ever, and we will be so happy to be with daddy. Since Richie is rarely home, we miss him so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment