Parenting the special needs...

At A Glance...

This is a blog dedicated to my kiddos, Isabell and William. These amazing kids were born extra unique and one of a kind. It's currently unclear what Isabell and William's genetic disposition is- but they have faced many developmental and medical challenges. They each face their different challenges, but they are so much alike. We really think Isabell and William have the same un
diagnosed genetic syndrome. With a combined 24 hospitalizations, and 20 surgical procedures between these Warrior Kiddos, their needs are extra ordinary, and they are spectacular little children. I am the luckiest mom alive, and we are #leonfamilyaz

As I have time, I like to escape to this blog and give my readers a sneak peek into the window of our lives. Happy Reading!



Sunday, July 15, 2012

Excited & Bummed :-/

I started packing our bags today- we are headed back home tomorrow! Our 6 week visit to Texas with Daddy has come to an end. Richie is flying home with us, but is flying right back on Tuesday. I am happy to go home and get back to our life routine of therapies, playdates, and all the things we do at home. I am bummed that our time with my husband and life here at the tailerhood went by so fast. Isabell and William have had such a funtastic and all around fun time with daddy. Isabell is a total daddy's girl, and has been glued to his side for 6 weeks! And William has been the happiest camper I have ever seen. We have had a perfect time with no health hiccups during our time in Texas. I am so proud that we are doing so well and I have been able to travel like I have with Isabell and my fragile little William. Richie has been traveling for work since 2008. There are times that we aren't together for weeks (there have been times 7 or even 8 weeks that we have been apart) when Richie's away traveling for work. When I got pregnant with William in 2009, we were faced with an intense medical journey. Richie worked at home for a short while in 2009 and 2010. Then early 2010 worked in Los Angeles. He was able to drive home on the weekends often when he was working in LA, but he also worked most weekends. In October of 2010 I was able to leave William at Ryan House for his first solo visit. Isabell and I drove to LA, and we spent a few days visiting daddy. We went to Disneyland, and that was fun. After the project was completed that Richie was working on in LA, he chased work in Northern California. In September of 2011, work popped up in William's, AZ and he was able to work closer to home until the end of November 2011. Richie was working 7 days a week on that project, and during that time William was doing so well and we were able to drive up to William's, AZ (4 hour drive from Tempe) every weekend that daddy was up there. It is so awesome that we have our home away from home (our RV that Richie 'lives' in while tramping). It's comfy and cozy. In Feruary 2012 Richie got a great job offer and he jumped on the opportunity- even though it was all the way over here in Houston, Texas. We are thankful that he is able to to have such a great job with a huge possibility of advancement with long term stability. So we are making it work! And look at us, we were able to take this rare trip half way across the U.S.! Traveling with our Isabell is a breeze, but traveling with our William took some extra planing. Leaving behind our intense weekly therapies, 16 physicians, and our home town children's hospital was a tad nerve racking, but so worth it!!! Isabell and William are my perfect little travelers rather it's driving or flying. We had so much fun here in Texas. We loved doing our tourist thing, and had fun at the museums and zoo we visited. The people here aren't as friendly as I though they'd be, but we still had some fun.

I have some more packing to do, and I better get with it. More updates to come after our flight back home. Wish us luck for no setbacks at the airport, and no delays with our flight!


1 comment:

  1. Glad to have met you guys today! This is Diamantina the waitress from cracker barrel.You are truly an amazing woman of strength. I will continue to pray for your little Angel Wild Man Willie and your family as a whole. Congratulations to your husband for an awesome job of being a wonderful father and husband to his family May GOD continue to give him strength to persevere I pray GOD rain down his blessings in over flow for both of your angels. Wild Man Willie has truly touched my heart I never forgot about him and often wondered how he was doing and then y'all just showed up and not only that sat in my section GOD is so good cause HE knew I had been asking about him. So seeing him today was a blessing and did my heart good. I thank you for this awesome gift of being able to keep in touch with him and his progress. I will still await that praise report cause its coming I believe it declare it and receive it. Thank you thank you I pray you guys made it back safely awww I miss him already

    ReplyDelete