Parenting the special needs...

At A Glance...

This is a blog dedicated to my kiddos, Isabell and William. These amazing kids were born extra unique and one of a kind. It's currently unclear what Isabell and William's genetic disposition is- but they have faced many developmental and medical challenges. They each face their different challenges, but they are so much alike. We really think Isabell and William have the same un
diagnosed genetic syndrome. With a combined 24 hospitalizations, and 20 surgical procedures between these Warrior Kiddos, their needs are extra ordinary, and they are spectacular little children. I am the luckiest mom alive, and we are #leonfamilyaz

As I have time, I like to escape to this blog and give my readers a sneak peek into the window of our lives. Happy Reading!



Monday, March 12, 2012

Spring Break 2012 days 1, 2, & 3!

The weather has been perfect outside the past few days, and we have enjoyed the first few days of Isabell's Spring Break. Isabell was home from school all last week because she was sick. She has had this gagging cough for so long now. But today was day 3 of Spring Break.

On Saturday 3/10 the kids and I stayed at home most of the day. I did some things around the house and I let Isabell ride her pink car around the driveway for a few hours. A little girl from down the street rode her bike by our house and stopped and wanted to play. I wasn't sure I wanted her to play without her parents around... I didn't even know this little girl! She was a cutie, and I'm sure Isabell would have fun- but who are you are where are your parents!? A guy whom I have never met came over and asked if she was ok over here and he exclaimed that she was his friends kid and they were working on his car. He said if she, Mackenzie was her name, is any trouble to send her down. Um- dude, did I agree to watching your friends kid? So I told him that I was doing some things around the house and that I couldn't watch over her, and I couldn't have her coming inside but I didn't mind her playing in our driveway. So he scampered away. Then Mackenzie kept jumping in Isabell's pink car and it rammed into my house, then again into the recycle trash bin and I kept nicely telling her she couldn't drive the car. My reasoning was because I did not know her, her parents were not around, she could get hurt and she didn't know how to drive it! I wouldn't mind teaching her, but if she got hurt her parents are not around, and I am not taking on that responsibility. So I put the pink car in the garage, and brought out Isabell' bike and Razer Scooter. And I got them a drink of water and a bag of goldfish crackers. They giggled and played- yet Mackenzie was a little bossy and when I was outside with them Mackenzie asked me "What is your deal?" I was shocked that a 5 year old asked me that! What a sassy pants! So then ran and got in the pink car again and drove right into my Tahoe. I was frustrated at that point that this little girl I didn't even know was not listening to me! I ran in front of the pink car and made her stop, and get our promptly. I looked up and another guy was walking towards us. He was giving me a dirty look, and Mackenzie called him "daddy" So I laid into him! I told him that his daughter was told to stay out of the pink car, and she didn't follow directions and now she has smashed into the house, trash can, and then my car. I told him I didn't want her to get hurt while her parents were not around. He didn't say anything but "Sorry" and made Mackenzie go. I would never let Isabell just go off and play with somebody I don't know! But anyhow- William, Isabell and I went out to Macs Broiler and Tap for dinner. Then came home and watched a movie.

On Sunday 3/11 was my step dad, Tom's birthday. The kids and I went up to my mom and Tom's house in N. Scottsdale to enjoy the day. My mom had a veggie tray, hummus and crackers, she made a pot of beans, and they did some yummy ribs on the grill. Some of their friends came over and we all ate some good food. After the food we had some red-velvet birthday cake. My mom got a migraine headache and wasn't feeling great around the time of cake and was laying down. After we had cake, the kids and I loaded up and were headed back home to Tempe by 5pm. When we got home we went on a small walk- I held William in my Baby B'Jorn carrier and Isabell drove her pink car until it went dead at the end of the street and I had to pull it back home! After that, we came in and the kids got cleaned up and ready for bed!

Today, William's nurse Tiffani got her at 7am. After she got here, Isabell and I got ready and took Corbin the dog to South Mountain for a hiking adventure. The adventure was more like Torture Session for me- nut I am glad I went. Isabell was quite the complainer, and right at the start of the not so intense hike she was begging to go home- or go to the car- or go potty- or that she was hot- anything she could think of. She also insisted on holding my hand the whole time, while the dog kept tangling through our feet. What a circus, I am sure the other hikers were enjoying the comedy act. When we got home, William's Foundation for Blind Children Therapist was here and William was very much enjoying his vision therapy session with Miss Amy from FBC. She is so sweet. William loves her alot. Amy sings to William, sometimes brings her guitar and he really loves the sounds and vibrations of that, and Amy also always has the coolest light up toys. William's favorite things are cool light up toys. I am so glad we get services from FBC. After Amy left we just hung around the house all afternoon while Isabell got in another couple hours of Pink Car driving in. Tiffani left at 5pm, and after that Isabell and I went out in the backyard and sprayed off the back patio porches. They were so dirty! It is so clean out there now, and I am wanting to plant some plants and flowers. I didn't get with the program and plant anything in my garden so it is looking sad out there. My Plum tree and Apricot trees are flowering and getting leaves and my chili plants are thriving good as ever. But that is all I have- a couple trees and a couple chili plants. Boring! After it turned dusk outside, we came in and got cleaned up and put our jammies on. I read Isabell half of The Cat in the Hat and she passed out. William has been asleep for several hours now- I hope he's not up all night. Wish me luck!

We are missing daddy, but we have talked to him every night. Isabell has her sad moments where she misses her daddy and it breaks my heart. I hate that Richie has to work so far away from us, but we are all doing ok. We look forward to daddy taking a few days off work and coming home soon. We love him tons! Richard Leon- you are the Best Husband and Father EvEr! :) Bear Hugs from me and the kids! :)




Photos of our week so far...



No comments:

Post a Comment